Friday, November 14, 2008

Dear John, "Where have you been all my life?"

After finding out about all of the chemically-laden ingredients in shampoo, conditioner, and styling aids, I decided to give my beloved Bumble and Bumble hair products the boot once and for all. Again, I find myself engrossed in the personal care section of Whole Foods, meticulously reading labels trying to determine what the safest, most effective products will be. I finally come across John Masters and remember reading some great reviews in Sophie Uliano’s book, Gorgeously Green, about how much she adores his line. I unscrew the cap from the Organic Bourbon Vanilla and Tangerine Texturizer and immediately want to eat it. This stuff is intoxicating and smells like orangesicle sorbet. I also inhale deeply of his Organic Citrus and Neroli Detangler, and I knew I found what I had been looking for. John Masters’ philosophy is “caring about yourself and caring about the earth don’t have to be mutually exclusive.” His products are certified organic and are made without GMO’s, parabens, DEA’s, MEA’s, TEA’s, sodium laurel sulfate, artificial color, artificial fragrance, or petrochemicals. I also bought the Organic Honey and Hibiscus Hair Reconstructing Shampoo and Conditioner for damaged hair. Both the shampoo and conditioner work into a creamy lather. They also smell wonderful and treat me to a spa-like experience where I feel perfectly pampered. The detangler helped me to effortlessly get all of my tangles out, and the texturizer defined my curls and gave my hair great volume. If you don’t have a Whole Foods or store that sells John Masters near you, I highly recommend Future Natural to shop for his full line of skin and hair care. A double bonus! I was completely happy with all of his products, and know John and I are a match made in dreamsicle heaven.