Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Two Gems from Dr. Hauschka

Two personal care products that I knew would be a challenge to find are an effective deodorant and a perfect lip balm. Enter Dr. Hauschka. Dr. Hauschka has been the front-runner of natural beauty for 40 years. After many attempts at trying natural deodorants, I felt like I was offending people with my 'eco-stink'. Plain and simple, they just weren't working out for me. So, after reading several reviews I bought Dr. Hauschka's roll-on deodorant. There are 2 scents to choose from, Fresh and Floral. I bought Fresh, and it holds up to its name. It keeps me feeling fresh all day, has a mild citrus scent, and a little goes a long way. I will definitely purchase this again because it's wonderfully effective, and I wouldn't want to chance having my mother tell me that I'm "a little stinky" again. What are mothers for anyway? (Thanks, Mom).

In my quest for a "greener" lip balm that was free of parabens and other toxins that I don't want in my personal care products especially on my mouth, I bought Dr. Hauschka's Lip Care Stick. Not only is it nourishing, but I can also go for 6-8 hours without having to reapply. It has a great texture, is completely soothing, and even works on those dry, winter days when it feels like your lips may fall off. I will never have to go looking for the lip balm "holy grail" thanks to Dr. Hauschka. To purchase these items or to view more of Dr. Hauschka's line, visit www.saffronrouge.com. Kirsten only carries the highest-quality brands in the industry and has outstanding customer service.