Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Shining Green Star

I am so thrilled with the new foundation I just bought from Spirit Beauty Lounge that I couldn’t wait to rave about it. It was an Editor’s Pick from Elle magazine who had given it a “Green Star” award. Okay, drum roll please, (trust me, it’s worth it). It is the Nvey Eco Moisturizing Foundation, and it is simply fabulous. The foundation almost feels like a mousse when pumped on to on the back of my hand. It is super light and smoothes on beautifully. As I’ve mentioned before, I have hypersensitive skin and the Moisturizing Foundation is made with chamomile, cucumber, and calendula, so it is soothing and non-irritating. The best part about this foundation is the radiant, dewy glow it imparts. I will admit there have been days where my face looked like it could crack because my old foundation resembled dry, ultra matte lacquer. I had been using a conventional foundation that I discovered was loaded with all sorts of chemicals. I was constantly breaking out because this “toxic cocktail” was so thick that my skin couldn’t breathe, but I still felt like I needed to use it to cover up my woefully blemished skin! It was literally like a viscous cycle! I am, however relieved to say that thanks to Nvey Eco, that battle is over. A "Green Star" indeed!